This refreshing recipe of thandai is a particular show-stealer to your Holi celebration. Check the recipe out!
The refreshing Indian drink ‘Thandai’ is what retains us ready for Holi every year! This chilly, scrumptious and creamy drink is enriched with nuts, saffron, rose water, fennel seeds, cardamom, peppercorns! The flavour and perfume of this drink are positive to hit your senses within the candy spot! Enough stated, we’ve got a wealthy and easy-to-make recipe of thandai by Chef Sanjeev Kapoor!
This drink has a cooling impact on the physique and tops up the energy meter that usually plummets with enjoyable, frolic and color play. This drink not solely treats the Holi fatigue but in addition is essentially the most fragrant drink on the market! To be sincere, the competition of Holi is sort of incomplete with out this thandai.
Here’s the recipe of thandai we’ve got been singing praises about:
5-6 cups + 1 tbsp low fats milk
20-24 almonds, soaked and peeled
8-10 black peppercorns, soaked
2 tbsps poppy seeds (khus khus) soaked
1½ tbsps fennel seeds (saunf), soaked
2 tbsps melon seeds, soaked
4-5 inexperienced cardamoms
1½ tbsps Sugar free powder
Large pinch of saffron strands + for garnishing
¾ tsp inexperienced cardamom powder
Sliced pistachios for garnishing
- Heat 5-6 cups milk in a deep non-stick pan.
- Meanwhile, add almonds, black peppercorns, poppy seeds, fennel seedsmelon seeds, and cardamoms in a blender jar. Add sugar free powder and remaining milk, mix to a superb paste.
- Add saffron to the milk and stir properly.
- Add the ready paste, combine properly and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Add cardamom powder, combine properly and take it off the warmth.
- Strain the combination and refrigerate to chill. Transfer into serving glasses.
- Garnish with pistachios, saffron strands and serve chilled.
Preparation time: 3-4 hours
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
Sugar: 110 grams
Sugar Free Green Powder: 15 grams
As an additional tip, Chef Sanjeev Kapoor suggests soaking the nuts and seeds in heat water in order that it leads to superb paste.
It tastes finest when served chilled, therefore the identify thandai! Switch the market introduced premix for thandai with this do-it-yourself model and make a pitcher full of this unique drink. Don’t overlook to share it with family and friends and benefit from the Holi cheer!