Try this delectable recipe for Gujiya by the Masterchef Sanjeev Kapoor that’s not solely tasty however weight reduction pleasant too!
Holi is across the nook already. Not solely is that this pageant full of pleasure because of the colored hues of gulal, however for its delicacies. Gujiya, a candy dumpling, is a standard dessert popularly made on the event of Holi. It’s crammed with the goodness of decreased milk known as khoya and nuts. However, its richness might not go simple on the abdomen of many. But this recipe for gujiya is the baked however more healthy model to make your festivities even higher.
We acquired our palms on Masterchef Sanjeev Kapoor’s recipe for Gujiya which isn’t solely diet-friendly however is diabetic protected too.
Here’s a easy however lip-smacking recipe of gujiya for Holi:
1 cup entire wheat flour
1 tbsp ghee + for greasing
1 cup grated khoya
3-4 dates, deseeded and chopped
1 tbsp Sugar free powder
¼ tsp inexperienced cardamom powder
¼ cup contemporary scraped coconut
4-6 almonds, blanched and slivered
1 tbsp chopped walnuts
- Take wheat flour in a bowl. Add ghee and blend. Add some water and knead right into a semi-soft dough. Set apart for 10-Quarter-hour.
- Heat khoya in a non-stick pan and blend until it melts. Add dates, Sugar free combine and prepare dinner until it barely softens.
- Add cardamom powder and blend. Add coconut, combine and prepare dinner for 1 minute. Remove from warmth, add almonds, walnuts and blend properly. Transfer on a plate and funky.
- Preheat the oven to 180º C.
- Divide the dough into equal medium parts.
- Grease the worktop with some ghee and roll every portion to make a semi-thick sheet. Cut every sheet into roundels utilizing a big cookie cutter.
- Put some khoya combination within the middle of every roundel, apply some water on the sides of the roundels, fold right into a moon form, press the sides to seal and twist to create a sample of gujiyas.
- Place the gujiyas on a baking tray and brush some ghee on prime.
- Put the tray into the preheated oven and bake for 12-Quarter-hour. Remove from the oven and barely cool.
- Store in an hermetic jar and serve with cool drinks or scorching tea!
Preparation time: 10-Quarter-hour
Cooking time: 10-Quarter-hour
Amount of the sugar: 60 grams
Amount of sugar free powder: 10 grams
As an additional however essential tip, chef Kapoor suggests permitting the dough to relaxation for 10-Quarter-hour for higher texture of the gujiya. Enjoy this wholesome model of gujiya and don’t neglect to share it with family and friends on this colourful festive day.